Lal Krishna Advani
Lal Krishna Advani Biodata and Biography
|Name||Lal Krishna Advani|
|Height||in centimeters : 173 cms
in meters : 1.73 m
in feet : 5'8"
|Weight||in kilograms : 78 kg
in pounds : 172 lbs
|Date-Of-Birth||8 November, 1927|
Lal Krishna Advani Body
|Hair Colour||White Semi Bald|
Read about Priyanka Gandhi here.
Lal Krishna Advani Residence
|Birth Place||Karachi, Bombay Presidency, British India
(now Sindh, Pakistan)
|Residence||30 Prithviraj Road, New Delhi|
Lal Krishna Advani Education School and College
|School||Saint Patrick's High School, Karachi|
|College||D G National College, Hyderabad, Sindh Government Law College, Mumbai|
|Other Qualification||Undergraduate in Law|
Read about Suchitra Krishnamoorthi here.
Lal Krishna Advani Family and Relatives
|Father||Late Krishnchand D Advani|
|Wife||Late Kamla Advani|
|Daughter||Pratibha Advani (Indian Talk Show Host)|
Lal Krishna Advani Favourites
|Favourite Politician||Syama Prasad Mukherjee,
Atal Bihari Vajpayee
|Favourite Leader||Mahatama Gandhi,
|Favourite Beverage||Starbucks Coffee|
Lal Krishna Advani Biography Wiki
Lal Krishna Advani is an Indian Politician. He was born on 8 November, 1927 in Karachi in a Hindu Sindhi businessman family. His parents Kishanchand D. Advani and Gyani Devi was living in British India. but because of partition in 1947, they moved to Bombay (Currently Mumbai), India. He graduated in Law from Government Law college of Bombay University. In year 1932, Lal Krishna Advani married to Kamla Advani. They have a son named Jayant and a daughter named Pratibha. His wife Kamla Advani died on 6 April, 2017 because of old age. His daughter Pratibha Advani produces Indian TV series and also a TV host.
Facts about Lal Krishna Advani
- Does Lal Krishna Advani smoke? – Not Known
- Does Lal Krishna Advani drink alcohol? – Not Known
- He served as the 7th Deputy Prime minister of India from 2002 to 2004 under Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- He has also served as Minister of Home Affairs from 1998 to 2004.
- He is one of the Co-founders of Bhartiya Janata Party.
- He was the leader of opposition in the 10th Lok Sabha and 14th Lok Sabha.
- He was awarded Padma Vibhushan in 2015, which is the second-highest civilian honour.
- Advani joined RSS in 1941, at that time he was only 14 years old. After some time, he became a full-time worker of the Karachi branch RSS. After partition, he worked in several districts of Rajasthan until 1952.
- In 1951, Syama Prasad Mukerjee formed a political party in collaboration with RSS named Bhartiya Jana Sangh or simply known as Jana Sangh. Advani became a member of this party.
- He served various positions in Jana Sangh from the year 1952 to 1973. In 1973, he became the President of Jana Sangh party.
- From the year 1976 to 1982, he was a Rajya Sabha member from Gujrat.
- After the Indira Gandhi’s emergency, Jana Sangh and many other opposition parties merged and formed a new political party named Janta Party. Lal Krishna Advani and Atal Bihari Vajpayee fought the Lok Sabha Election of 1977 as the member of Janata Party. The widespread unpopularity of emergency rule gave the Janata party and it’s allied a landslide victory in its the election and Moraraji Desai Became the Prime Minister of India.
- After winning the election, Advani became the minister of Information and Broadcasting and Vajpayee became the Foreign Minister.
- The autobiography of Lal Krishna Advani My Country My Life was published by the former President APJ Abdul Kalam in 2008. It has a record sale of 10 Lakh (1 Million) copies.
- He has travelled 7872 kilometres in just 33 days in a minibus across all over India but did not get tired. According to him, walking is the secret of his fitness. He walks 1 kilometre every morning.