Udham Singh Biodata and Biography
|Height||in centimeters : 172 cms
in meters : 1.72 m
in feet : 5'8"
|Weight||in kilograms : 61 Kgs
in pounds : 134 lbs
|Date-Of-Birth||26 Dec, 1899|
|Died||31 July, 1940|
Udham Singh Bio (100 Words)
Udham Singh is well known figure of the Indian Independence Movement.He is Shaheed-i-Azam Sardar Udham Singh. Udham Singh was born on 26 Dec, 1899 in Sunam. Sunam was a small village in Sangrur district of Pujab, India. In childhood his name was Sher Singh. His father named Saradar Tehal Singh Jammu, was a railway crossing watchman in the village of Upalli. When his father died, Udham and his elder brother moved to a orphanage. He got new name “Udham Singh” in the orphanage. After passing his matriculation examination in 1918, he left the orphanage in 1919.
Udham Singh Measurments
|Chest Size||46 inches|
|Waist Size||42 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
Udham Singh Residence
|Birth Place||Sunam, Punjab, British India|
|Residence||Punjab, British India|
|Home Town||Punjab, British India|
Udham Singh Education School and College
Udham Singh Family and Relatives
|Father||Sardar Tehal Singh|
Udham Singh Favourites
|Favourite Food||Punjabi Food|
Shaheed Udham Singh Unknown Facts
- He is well known for assassinating Michael O’ Dwyer, on 13 March, 1940. Michael O’ Dwyer was the former lieutenant governor of the Punjab in India.
- The assassination was in revenge for the Jalliawala Bagh Massacre in 1919.
- British Government was subsequently tried and convicted of murder and hanged in July 1940.
- Here is the name of organisations he belongs : Ghadar Party, Hindustan Socialist Republican Association, Indian Workers Association.
- In october 1995, A district of Uttarakhand was named after him Udham Singh Nagar.
- On 10 April, 1919 the governor of Punjab Michael O’ Dywer killed 1800 People and almost 1200 wounded, this event is known as Jalliawala Bagh Massacre. Udham singh and his friend was serving water in that gathering.
- Udham Singh and his friends was deeply influenced by Bhagat Singh, So they joined revolutionary politics.
- In 1924, Udham Singh became involved with the Ghadar Party. He was organizing Indian overseas.
- In 1927, he returned to India on orders from Bhagat Singh. He brought 25 associates as well as revolvers and ammunition.
- He was sentenced to fiver years in prison for possession of unlicensed arms.
- He evade the police and escape to Germany. Then he went to London where he got a job as an engineer.
- In London, he privately planned assassination of Michael O’ Dwyer.
- On 13 March, 1940, Michael O’ Dwyer was scheduled to speak at a joint meeting of the East India Association and the central Asian Society at Caxton Hall, London. Udham Singh shot O’ Dwyer twice and Dwyer died immediately and some other got injured. Udham Singh was arrested and tried for killing.
- On 1 April, 1940 Udham Singh was formally charged with murder of Micheal O’ Dwyer.
- Udham singh started a hunger strike and it went for 42 days.
- Udham Singh was hanged in July 1940.
- I salute to Shaheed-i-Azam Sardar Udham Singh. He was real legend.